The Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism awarded 12 fellowships to its “Strictly Financials Seminar” for working journalists and 12 fellowships to its “Business Journalism Professors Seminar.”
One fellow was unable to attend, so the total number of fellowships during Reynolds Week was 23.
This year’s Fellows are:
STRICTLY FINANCIALS SEMINAR FELLOWS
• Debbie Blumberg, reporter, Dow Jones Newswires, New York
• Dave Dreeszen, business editor, Sioux City Journal, Iowa
• Lynn Ducey, staff writer, The Phoenix Business Journal
• Karina Frayter, business producer, CNN America, New York
• Joanisabel Gonzalez, staff reporter, El Nuevo Dia, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
• Jason Hidalgo, business reporter, Reno Gazette-Journal, Nevada
• Brenda Krebs, Business Monday editor, The Miami Herald
• Rob Neill, business producer, MSNBC.com, Redmond, Wash.
• Jeanine Poggi, reporter, TheStreet.com, New York
• Rachel Tobin Ramos, business reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
• Hani Shawwa, TV producer, Reuters Insider, New York
• Emily Stanitz, producer, Bloomberg Television, Washington
BUSINESS JOURNALISM PROFESSORS SEMINAR FELLOWS
• Adrianne Flynn, Capital News Service bureau director, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
• Emily Burch Harris, lecturer and student newspaper adviser, North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, N.C.
• James Kates, assistant professor, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
• Herbert Lowe, professional in residence, Marquette U niversity, Milwaukee, Wisc.
• Ceci Rodgers, adjunct instructor, Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill. (Rodgers was unable to attend)
• Buck Ryan, associate professor, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky.
• Steve Schifferes, professor, City University, London, England
• John C. Schmeltzer, chair, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
• Claire Serant, assistant professor, St. John’s University, Queens, N.Y.
• Sheila L. Tefft, senior lecturer, Emory University, Atlanta
• Leslie Wayne, visiting professional, Arizona State University, Phoenix
• Nailene Chou Wiest, director, Global Business Journalism, Tsinghua University, Beijing
(The photos of the fellows, above, are left to right in alphabetical order. The 12 Professors Seminar Fellows are on the top two rows. The 12 Strictly Financials Seminar Fellows are on the bottom two rows.)